Complete the Practice Application before proceeding to the online application for the Illinois NB Retake Candidate Fee Subsidy application. Links are provided to information within this document and will make it easier to complete the online application. DO NOT send the practice application to the NBRC.
Application for the Illinois National Board Retake Candidate Fee Subsidy
Opening date: September 15, 2023 at 10:00AM Closing date: January 19, 2024 at Midnight
If you are a candidate who completed and submitted ALL components (Component 1, Component 2, Component 3 and Component 4) and received final scores for ALL components by December 2023, you may qualify for the Illinois NB RETAKE Candidate Fee Subsidy.
Fees will be paid to retake Component 2, 3, and/or 4 once; for Component 1, the three Constructed Response Exercises and/or the Selected Response Items (SRIs) will be paid once for each section.
NOTE: If you received the Illinois NB Retake Candidate Fee Subsidy for any portion of Component 1 in the past you are not eligible to apply again for that portion unless you withdrew from the portion within the required timeline. If you applied in a previous year and are not sure if you withdrew in the required timeline, call the National Board Resource Center (NBRC) at 1.309.438.1835 for assistance in this matter.
To qualify for the Illinois NB RETAKE Candidate Fee Subsidy:
- You must have completed and submitted work to National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) for ALL components (Component 1 - 4) and received final scores for ALL components by December 2023.
- You must have paid the $75 registration fee with NBPTS, registered for retakes with NBPTS and selected one or more of the components by the NBPTS January 2024 deadline.
- You must have been a recipient of the Illinois NB First Time Candidate Fee Subsidy.
- Your Illinois teaching license must be current and unencumbered (e.g. not suspended or revoked).
- You must hold a valid Illinois Educator Identification License Number (IEIN).
- You must hold a valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL).
- You must be teaching or a counselor in an Illinois Public School.
- You must complete the Illinois NB RETAKE Candidate Fee Subsidy online application no later than January 19, 2024 by midnight.
- You must complete for scoring the RETAKE components that you selected:
- RETAKE Component 1: Content Knowledge Testing Window exercise(s) which you selected in your NB Account registration by the NBPTS June 2024 deadline.
- RETAKE Components 2, 3 and 4 which you selected in your NB Account registration by the NBPTS May, 2024 deadline (see NB guide for exact date in May).
Direct all questions specific to the four components to NBPTS using their Contact Us web form.
Read ALL details below regarding the application for the Illinois NB Retake Candidate Fee Subsidy.